Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 5 - I wish our upstairs neighbors didn't wear steel-toed boots


I originally thought our upstairs neighbors were redecorating at 6:30 in the morning.  It sounded like they were shifting about heavy furniture, or a body in a coffin.  Oh, goodie, a murder mystery.  Then it sounded like they were tossing trash bags down the stairs.  Being a writer, who likes to plot, I imagined she was kicking him out, except there was no shouting.  Then, whoever these people were, they donned their steel-toed boots and clumped down the stairs like they starred in the musical "Stomp."  It sounded like a small army was descending among us.  Turns out, I guess, since I never did peek out to see what was going on, that they were guests packing up to go home and the clomping I heard was the heavy luggage they were assisting down the stairs.  Deja vu.  I do not look forward to that day in November, but I'll keep in mind what they sounded like and try to be a little more considerate of our neighbors.

Eventually, I drifted back to sleep.  Then the bar next door opened up and people were partying hearty, on Sunday, in the morning.  Not sure of the exact time, since I decided not to look at a clock as I pretended to ignore them and drifted back to sleep again.  Next thing I know it is 3:30 PM.  Yikes.  Good thing we didn't have anything planned because we would have missed it.

So, I'm updating my web site and hubby is checking out the telly.  It's nearly 9PM and we're having our breakfast/lunch/dinner meal.  I get the leftover steak sandwich and fries from our Wednesday dinner at Cafe Rouge, and hubby is having toaster muffins with jam.  Yum.  Note: fries do not re-heat well no matter which continent you're on.

If anything exciting happens, I'll check in again later, otherwise I'll see everyone sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment