Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 4 - Saturday is "Catch-up" Day

An unsuspecting Kathryn caught on camera in Leicester Square

Today was my day for paying our bills, checking Saturday Spanking Links, and catching up on sleep.  I think I accomplished everything I set out to do.  So, now we can go out and mingle with the people.  No real plans for today or tonight, so we'll probably be "stay at home bunnies."  Have a bite to eat, watch a little telly, enjoy each other's company, while I work on my web site.

Normally, my computer and I are inseparable.  We spend all day together with my fingers attached to the keyboard, so when I have to leave it during the day, I go through a period of withdrawal.  Is there such a thing as "computers anonymous?"  Anyway, I left it alone while hubby and I toured through Covent Garden again

This time we watched a couple of the living statues that pose there.  In case you haven't heard of them before, the term living statue refers to a street artist who poses like a statue or mannequin, usually with realistic statue-like makeup, sometimes for hours at a time (per Wikipedia).  The ones we watched were in gold/copper paint, wore masks and appeared to be sitting in thin air without any means of support beneath them.  They were really good.  Kids would walk up and have their picture taken with these guys.  Unfortunately, we didn't take our camera with us, so we'll have to capture them the next time we visit.

Below is an example of one.  I saw a similar living statue in Bath back in 2010.


After our stroll through Covent Garden, we walked over to Leicester Square and ate at Bella Italia.  We both had pasta, and nothing looked really out of the ordinary to take pictures of (though we still didn't have our camera with us), but it was a good meal.

After dinner, we walked back to the flat and settled for the evening.  A quiet night, just like I said.  More to follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment